- About Us
Our staff is comprised of dedicated and licensed professionals with the experience to answer all your questions regarding our services. Please feel free to contact any of our staff members at any time.
Carl is a native of Virginia. He is married to the former Barbara Nunally and they have one son, Carl Jr. In August 1977, Mr. Eggleston completed accredited Funeral Service and Embalmers program and in May 1978 he passed the Virginia Funeral Directors and Embalmers Board. Afterwards he then went on to serve in a managerial capacity with three established funeral homes before opening his own business in 1983.
Carl is the Founder and Chairman of the Carl U. Eggleston Foundation, as well as a notary public.
In 1984 he received recognition as an Outstanding Young Man of America. In that same year, he was awarded the Citizen of the Year award by the Kappa Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Listed below are all his many affiliations.
· President and CEO, Carl U. Eggleston and Company, Farmville, Virginia
· Manager, Oliver and Eggleston Funeral Establishment, Farmville, Virginia
· Manager, Oliver and Eggleston Funeral Home, Crewe, Virginia
· Member, Farmville Chamber of Commerce
· Member, Crewe - Burkeville Chamber of Commerce
· AAS Degree, John Tyler Community College
· Former President of Southside Funeral Directors
· Member, Virginia Mortician Association
· 1997 and 2017 "Mortician" of the Year, Southside Virginia Funeral Directors
· Member, National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association
· Member of Virginia Independent Funeral Directors Association
March 6, 1932 - November 17, 2014
Mrs. Ruth Scott Eggleston, mother of Mr. Carl U Eggleston has been a true motivation and support for him, his family and manuy business ventures throughout the years. Mrs. Eggleston served as Secretary of both establishments until her passing.
Mrs. Barbara N. Eggleston, the loving wife of Carl U. Eggleston, serves as the Administrator for the Oliver and Eggleston Funeral Establishment and Carl U. Eggleston Funeral Establishment. She is a retired educator of the Prince Edward County School System. Barbara taught Head-start education for two years in Amelia County and Appomattox County and then ventured onto substitute teaching for an additional two years in Nottoway County. After working tirelessness for many years inspiring and advancing the next generation she now serves diligently the funeral service industry daily at one of our facilities.
Licensed Funeral Director & Embalmer